Saturday, December 24, 2016

Progress Update #6

    Merry Christmas everyone! Last post I noticed my view count steadily increasing and asked people to leave a post to let me know they were genuinely interested and boy are the results in! The view count plummeted to zero with the number of posts to match! So I think I can safely conclude that no one gives a fuck about me or my project. However I intend to continue to make these posts to document my progress if nothing else, although that may change at some point in the future.

Code Update:

    I have continued work on the character controller and things are starting to feel pretty good in the movement department, but I'm still trying to figure out how to solve a few of the issues I'm currently facing. I was kind of hoping to be able to get version 0.2.0 out for Christmas but then I realized just being able to run around on a flat map pushing boxes is kind of boring, so I'm going to get some terrain generation in there as well before pushing out the next version.

Learning to Art Update:

    Shading is really quite boring, so I stopped working on that for now. I figure I'll probably pick it up again later when I actually have something to shade. Instead I realized that if my end goal is to be able to draw people, I should probably be learning to draw people. So I found a picture of someone standing in the simplest pose I can find and have been trying to draw her. So far the results aren't great but I am seeing improvement with each attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment