Sunday, April 30, 2017

Progress Update #14

So this time I've finished making the memory allocation manager work and have gotten it to generate and unload chunks dynamically around the player (a much more difficult task then it sounds). As for what I'm going to work on next, I'm not sure, my todo list is long. But I've been kind of thinking about the direction I want to go in for the alpha, originally what I was planning on doing was start out building the tutorial area and then move into the actual world a lot closer to the beta when most of the basic systems were in place, but I'm kind of changing my mind on that. It makes more sense to just let everyone into the game world right from the get go and build the tutorial area later. And with that I think I'll end it here, since no one is ever going to read this anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment