Tuesday, February 6, 2018

I'm back

Hello everyone, it has been some time since I posted anything for which I apologize. Pretty much since the time I made my last post I have been wondering what to do about this project of mine and how much to say about what's been going on in my life. Now that it's February of 2018 I have decided to just tell you guys what's going on and what my plans are. So for starters I suffer from crippling depression and I'm not very good with people, which means I spend an inordinate amount of time alone, trying not to think about fellating my 18 gauge shotgun (I was too much of a pussy for a 12). Now originally I was going to make this post in January, but sadly the only friend I had that would speak to me on a semi-regular basis decided New Years Eve was a good time to cut all ties with me and go join a fucking cult (to be clear I have no idea what views the cult has on fucking, so I mean it more as in fuck them rather then to suggest that they are having sex all the time). At this point drowning my problems in the bottom of a bottle is a very tempting prospect, but unfortunately alcoholism is a vice for the rich. Which brings us nicely into the originally reason why I stopped working on this project to begin with. Since graduating collage some time ago, I've not had any luck gaining employment and although I don't know the actual reason, quite likely the depression and lack of social skills played a large part in why interviews never seem to go anywhere. I currently make ends meet by doing various computer related odd jobs such as fixing computers, preforming data recovery, and writing custom software for people. Sadly I don't really get enough of these jobs to get over the poverty line and every month I get to play the 'How am I going to pay for rent' game. I stopped working on this project to really focus on trying to find a solution for my self, but in the end all I've managed to accomplish was spinning my wheels a lot. Now I have thought a number of times about starting a patreon for this game and start e-begging, but I don't really have a product here that I can in good conscience ask money for and back when I made regular posts for an entire year, I only ever got a single comment, which shows there really isn't much interest in this project. Speaking of which lets now look at my plans for this project going forward.

Going forward I intend to come back and start working on this project again, but there are going to be some major changes. First of all as much as I liked posting regular updates on my project, that's going to stop. Instead I'll just be posting progress reports and talking about my game when ever I feel like it. I'm also going to stop caring about an eventual end game and will be working on what ever the hell I feel like. In short I'm going to stop trying to make this a game that others might care about and am just going to be turning it into my little sand box for me to play around in. So as much as I want good fappable artwork and animations in my game, I'm throwing those on the back burner and won't think about them again for some time to come. Instead I'm going to explore the Space Station 13 idea I had awhile ago and will make a little town, fill it with NPCs, and experiment with various AI. I'm also probably going to be bringing things into the first person for awhile so the player isn't forced to stare at the back side of a t-pose.

that's all I have for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment