Sunday, October 23, 2016

Weekly Update #1

Alright, so I have decided that I am going to try to write weekly updates about how this project is going.

Code Update:

    I've been working on the foundation of the game engine and don't really have anything exciting to talk about. I have been mostly looking into serialization and have run across a few issues that I'm not yet sure how to solve but I am working on it. In hopes of finding a solution to my issues I've been looking into boost's serialization and I really like it, but it's not quite what I need. The simplicity of it is great, but I think it sacrifices too much to achieve it for my needs. For starters it relies too much on everything be done exactly the same way every time for my taste, I want something with a bit more fault tolerance and possibly less dependent on the order of things. I also don't really like the way versioning is handled. Having it all in the same function is simple and great for things that don't change much or often, but I would prefer it was somehow a separate and modular system that could update the data stream in a series of patches before delivering it to be loaded.

Learning to Art Update:

    So this week I have largely been working on learning how to do 2D drawings. Nothing really interesting, just been doing page after page after page of stick figures. I figure making stick figures will help me practice drawing circles, lines, and proportions all in one go. This has been kind of dull to do and I've only been able to get though it by putting on a pod cast for entertainment. If anyone has a suggestion for making learning to draw fun I'd love to hear it.

    On another note I discovered I done goofed a little bit on the skin texture I made for Alpha 0.1.0. When I made the female model, I never gave her any 'fun bits', which resulted in her having a bad case of barby doll body. To help hide this and make her look nicer, I drew some pasties on her skin texture, but accidentally put the pasty strip that is between her legs a little too far back. As a result, if she had a 'fun hole', it would probably be exposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment